WELCOME TO KIK ON BLOGGER

My name is Mark Wells and I would like to welcome you to my group "Knowledge is King on Blogger". This group was design to share knowledge of historical figures and events that involves people of African descent around the globe and to give some exposure to issues and ideas that are rarely discussed in mainstream America.

MALCOLM X

Sunday, September 12, 2010

HERE'S TO HAITI: Kiss, America, Kiss By Yolantha Harrison-Pace

Yolantha Harrison-Pace

Yolantha Pace, has a dynamic inside scoop--perspective on a culture, a people, a land; a much needed perspective that is missing in the aftermath of the horrific earthquake of Jan 12, 2010.


"CNN is not able to tell the whole story.


NOBODY KNOWS THE HAITI I'VE SEEN"


Pace is the first African American woman to set foot in many of the remote mountains and valleys of Haiti as well as in some of the suburbs of what once was the great capitol, Porte-au-Prince.



"In 2000 I began my quest as a missionary commissioned to "go tell it ON the mountains" of Haiti. In 2008 I discovered 76 abandoned children living naked on the mountains like wild animals. My mission changed. God then asked me to "go tell it FROM the mountains'. This is now to date my most difficult mission. I am a trench woman, I wipe snotty noses and hug the unhuggable. I wipe tears fromt he untouchables. I swat flies from dying babies eyes. I've kept 10 years worth of journals on my travels in Haiti. I knew I was suppose to "one day" write a book. A personal legacy to my daughters. But with the demise of the earthquake I realized that in my journals I have captured a Haiti that would now never be known unless I told it."



HERE'S TO HAITI: Kiss, America, Kiss!!! is an earth shaking look at one woman's call to serve God, her refusals, her disagreements, her joys, her victories, her defeats. It is a no holds barred look at a common woman's call to do uncommon things, using ordinary methods to accomplish extraordinary outcomes...all wrapped around a little word called HOPE.



Yolantha Harrison-Pace is spell binding. Her story mesmerizes. You will weep, you will laugh, you will gasp, you will be moved to action. Pace a must have cutting edge speaker who for 10 years stood shoulder to shoulder with Haiti while she fought some of the most personal battles of her life. Pace shares the intimacy of talking to, aruguing against, fussing with, doubting and being obedient to her personal ethics and beliefs. Beliefs that got her banned from traveling ot Haiti. And yet these same beliefs have garnished her the branding of Mama Haiti, Ambassador to the Children who forever beg for her presence, her lap and her hugs. Mama Haiti challenges her audiences,


"IF GOD CAN USE ME, THEN GOD CAN CERTAINLY USE YOU!!!


From tarantulas to butterflies,


from a baby in a bucket to


mountain stars so pregnant with hope that


they beg to fall in my pocket--


NOBODY KNOWS THE HAITI I'VE SEEN."



for more information or to have Mama Haiti come speak contact


yolanthapace@gmail.com


(859) 936-7313



No comments:

Post a Comment

YOUR BODY IS YOUR TEMPLE