WELCOME TO KIK ON BLOGGER

My name is Mark Wells and I would like to welcome you to my group "Knowledge is King on Blogger". This group was design to share knowledge of historical figures and events that involves people of African descent around the globe and to give some exposure to issues and ideas that are rarely discussed in mainstream America.

MALCOLM X

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Best Of Two Worlds

Part African-American
From a mix sort of breed
My blood has been crossed
With that Cherokee seed




Two very large Nations
One red and one black
I'm the best of two worlds
And that link in the track

Though similar in ways
They are worlds far apart
But they flow through my veins
And gives strength to my heart

They both have a history
Which they've taken a stand
To die for their rights
And live free in this land



They were meant to be kings
Yet they both served as slaves
But they were warriors in life
Though they rest in their graves

They were God's precious children
And they lived off the land
Mother Nature's true friend
The key to life in their hands

Although my Forefathers lived
Through hardships and battles
Their legacy lives on
As I walk in their shadows

But I don't walk alone
For there are others who bare
That black and red mix
From a history we share


And I will honor the past
Of how things use to be
And the struggles gone by
So that I can live free

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOUR BODY IS YOUR TEMPLE