WELCOME TO KIK ON BLOGGER

My name is Mark Wells and I would like to welcome you to my group "Knowledge is King on Blogger". This group was design to share knowledge of historical figures and events that involves people of African descent around the globe and to give some exposure to issues and ideas that are rarely discussed in mainstream America.

MALCOLM X

Sunday, December 5, 2010

REBUILD THE CHILDREN LET DO THIS



Yolantha Harrison Pace aka Mama Haiti












One of the singers and writers of "Rebuild the Children"





The other young man performing the song "Rebuild the Children"


Originally I was to go to Haiti and work with some youth in the city of Cape Haitia and do a literacy and the performing arts workshop.





We were planning to do poetry, painting, music and dance together as a means for expressing to the world their pain and healing process regarding the earthquake of January 12, 2010 and now the horrible cholera epidemic.




When I reached Miami on my way to Haiti I received a phone call saying that it was too risky for me to come due to the mass revolt that was taking place in Cape Haitia over the source of the cholera outbreak. But I opted to make the trip to Haiti in the event that the revolt subsided within a day or two of my arrival.




 Unfortunately it did not. So for safety sake I was rerouted to the mountain village of Ranquitte, Haiti.




Where I fed the crippled and handicapped, fed children, dispensed vitamins and fig newtons, granola bars and aspirin. I kept in touch with the status of Cape Haitia, but to no avail, the city was shut down from the massive revolt. However 2 young brothers ages 16 and 19, were not to be deterred in their artistic endeavors on my behalf.




 They had written a song called REBUILD THE CHILDREN, named after my campaign. A song they were determined for me to have. They hired a courier to come the 53 miles to deliver the song to me. A song that is the voice of hope from the youth of Haiti who have suffered the destruction of the earthquake and now the devastating catastrophy of the cholera epidemic. A song that must be heard. A song of better days for children and grownups all over the world...Mama Haiti aka Yolantha Harrison-Pace



Let organize and assist Yolantha in her calling by bringing attention to the courage children that are still suffering in Haiti!!! THIS SHOULD BE OUR RALLYING CRY!!!





You can contact Yolantha by E mail at yolanthapace@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

YOUR BODY IS YOUR TEMPLE